Sunday, May 10, 2009
Vostok-Europe's newest watch is now available. It's called the "Caspian Sea Monster" Ekranoplan KM. It's a big watch with a case diameter of 47mm. Several versions are available. The watch sells for about $450 at Russia2all.
The watch is named after the largest "ground effect" vehicle ever built. The Sea Monster carried record payloads quickly and economically by riding just above the sea waves on a cushion of air -- or "ground effect" -- which significantly increased lift and reduced drag.
Features of the watch include:
- An automatic 2432.01 movement with raised hands to accommodate tritium tubes
- 20 atm water resistant surgical grade stainless steel 47 mm case
- Black and gun metal PVD coated sand blasted cases
- Uni-directional rotating bezel with minute counter
- Two color day & night indicator
- 24-hour GMT digital readout
- 17 trigalight® micro tubes on the dial and hands for nighttime visibility
- Screw-down crown and exhibition case back
- Custom, integrated silicon strap